Sometimes, when travelling the unexpected and unfortunate can happen to anyone. Mishaps such as cancellations, lost luggage, theft or hospital visits abroad can leave first time and experienced travellers in need of help and assistance.
The right travel insurance policy may help cover unforeseen costs and expenses should something unfortunate happen before or during your trip. It is important that you read the terms of your policy, which sets out the terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations of cover.
Whether it’s a full-blown six-month long, worldwide adventure or a quick trip across the ditch to catch your favourite band, we’ve got you covered.
Chubb Travel Insurance - Travel with Confidence
Chubb Travel Insurance features include:
- A dedicated 24-hour overseas emergency hotline that provides medical and non-medical assistance; and
- Support from a professional claims team that will ensure you receive assistance wherever you may be - we can even arrange emergency evacuations
Tailored to suit your needs
There are 3 plan options available:
- Cover for those under 70 years of age who are residents of New Zealand
- Unlimited* overseas emergency medical expenses including repatriation and evacuation in the event of a medical emergency while on your overseas trip.
- Cover for trip cancellation and amendments including lost deposits if you are required to cancel, curtail or change your trip due to certain unforeseen circumstances.
- COVID-19 cover for:
- medical expenses incurred overseas when COVID-19 is first diagnosed or confirmed while on your trip
- trip cancellation, curtailment or change due to you first being diagnosed with COVID-19 after the policy is issued
- Cover for lost, stolen, or accidentally damaged luggage and personal effects
- Personal liability cover for up to $5 million (excluding liability for use of mechanically propelled vehicles or watercraft)
- Other benefits including accidental death, kidnap and loss of income cover.
- Optional Add-Ons including Rental Vehicle Excess cover, Snow Sports cover and Cruise cover (subject to the payment of additional premium).
- Pre-existing medical conditions are not covered under the policy.
- Cover is excluded for domestic (within New Zealand) travel medical expenses. Medical expenses cover is limited to overseas travel only (subject to policy terms and limitations).
- There is no cover if your items are stolen because you have left them unattended in a public place (unless you have no option other than to leave the items unattended due to an emergency medical, security or evacuation situation);
- Cover is excluded for claims arising from, relating to or in any way connected with COVID-19 (or any mutation or variation thereof) and/or its outbreak other than as specifically provided for under Section A (specified Event 1) and Section B of the Policy. See Section A – Trip Cancellation and Amendment Cover and Section B – Overseas Medical Emergency Expenses Cover for details.
- There is no cover under the policy if a customer travels against:
- the advice of a Doctor who has deemed the customer unfit to travel.
- the travel advisory warnings of “Do Not Travel” issued by the New Zealand Government or a New Zealand Government agency (such as MFAT).
- There is no cover for any loss from participation in Excluded Sports and Activities
This is a general summary of some of the key features and exclusions of the Chubb Travel Insurance Single Trip Policy. Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply. You should read the Chubb Travel Insurance Single Trip Policy, which sets out the full insuring clauses, definitions, schedule, extensions, terms, conditions, exclusions and limits of liability.
For more information on our travel insurance options, or to obtain a quote, contact us today.
Chubb Travel Insurance is issued and underwritten by Chubb Insurance New Zealand Limited (Chubb) Company No. 104656, FSP No. 35924. This website provides only factual information about Chubb’s products and services. The information does not take into account your personal circumstances, objectives, financial situation or needs and does not constitute financial advice. You should consider the Chubb Travel Insurance Single Trip Policy Wording which sets out the terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations, and obtain financial advice if required, before making any decisions about this insurance policy. Please also read Chubb's financial strength rating, Chubb's Privacy Statement and Fact Sheets.