Aon Complaints Policy
At Aon we make every effort to provide you with the best products and highest level of customer service. However, we recognise that even in the best managed company things can go wrong.
If you have any complaint in respect to Aon, or are not satisfied with the service you have received from us, we want to hear about it so that we can investigate your concerns quickly and fairly.
How to make a complaint
Please contact your Aon Client Relationship Manager or your local Aon office by telephone, email or in writing. You will find the address and phone number of your local office on the Contact Us page of our website found here at www.aon.co.nz.
Your Aon Client Relationship Manager will endeavour to resolve the complaint in its initial stages as the first point of contact.
What happens if my Client Relationship Manager can’t resolve my complaint?
If your Aon Client Relationship Manager is not able to resolve your complaint, it will be referred to Aon’s Complaints Manager for an independent review in accordance with Aon’s internal complaint and dispute resolution procedures.
Alternatively, you can contact Aon’s Complaints Manager directly on 09 362 9000 or you can email details of your complaint to us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aon’s internal complaint and dispute resolution procedures
When your complaint is referred to Aon’s Complaints Manager directly, or by your Aon Client Relationship Manager, it will be independently reviewed in accordance with Aon’s internal complaint and dispute resolution procedures, as follows:
1. The Aon Complaints Manager will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 working days;
2. Your complaint will be thoroughly investigated. Aon takes all complaints very seriously and will ensure that all issues are considered carefully;
3. Aon’s Complaints Manager will identify actions to remedy the complaint, where possible, and endeavour to respond and resolve your complaint within 40 working days of the date of notification of your complaint.
4. If your complaint is complex and may take longer than 40 working days to resolve, Aon’s Complaints Manager will advise you of the expected timeframe required to resolve your complaint and will keep you informed of progress.
5. If your complaint remains unresolved, or if you are dissatisfied with Aon’s response to your complaint, you may refer the matter to Financial Services Complaints Limited (“FSCL”) by emailing email@example.com or calling 0800 347 257. Aon is a member of this independent dispute resolution scheme approved by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs. Full details on how to access the FSCL scheme can be obtained on their website www.fscl.org.nz. There is no cost to you to use their services.
Aon is committed to:
(a) Providing an efficient, fair and accessible mechanism for the resolution of complaints;
(b) Increasing the level of client satisfaction by dealing with all complaints in an expedient and effective manner;
(c) Maintaining membership of and providing our clients with access to approved external dispute resolution schemes.