Aon's Health Insurance covers you for the cost of major medical treatment including surgery, non-surgical hospitalisation, specialist consultation and diagnostic tests.
Public health care and ACC provide a great service for most critical and emergency health issues that may be faced by New Zealanders. However, when it comes to elective procedures there tends to be a waiting list. Health insurance provides an alternative and gives you the ability to access quick and efficient treatment without waiting.
Aon health insurance includes a range of products:
• Major medical, including surgery and surgery related expenses
• Major medical, plus specialist treatment and cover for tests
• Major medical, plus specialist, test and GP visits
• All of the above plus optical and dental
Contact us for more information on our health insurance products or to discuss the right amount of cover for you.
Life and Terminal Illness
In the event of death or terminal illness, Life Cover pays a lump sum to eliminate any debt and provide security for your family should you die prematurely, or be diagnosed as terminally ill. The level of cover is designed to be enough to eliminate all debt and, when invested, adequately cover your family's future income needs. We are also able to offer an Accidental Death benefit, where if the insured dies within 90 days as the result of an accident, a benefit is paid.
How could Life Cover help you?
• Paying off the mortage
• Providing future financial support for your children
• Providing extra income for your family or contributing to your spouses retirement fund
• Paying for childcare support in the instance that you are a primary caregiver
What are the benefits of Life Cover?
• Death benefit: your family or nominated beneficiaries will receive a lump sum of money if you pass away
• Terminal illness benefit: You'll receive your Life Cover payment straight away if you're given less than 12 months to live
• Financial planning benefit: We will pay you up to $2,500 for your family to receive professional advice from an approved financial planner
• Grief support: We will pay up to $900 for your family to receive grief counselling from a professional counsellor
• Funeral advancement benefit: We will make an advancement payment from your Life Cover when a life insurance claim is accepted
• Funeral conversion benefit: You can choose to convert up to $30,000 of your Life Cover to a level premium funeral benefit. You can use this option at any time if you've had your Life Cover for more than 10 years and you're 65 years or older.
• Special events increase benefit: You can increase your existing Life Cover whenever a special event occurs in your life, such as taking out a mortgage or getting a pay rise.
Contact us for more information on our life and terminal illness products.
Living insurance, or trauma insurance pays a lump sum payment upon the diagnosis or suffering of one of a specific number of critical conditions and serious illnesses. The most commonly diagnosed illnesses in New Zealand are cancer, heart disease and stroke. Common uses for Trauma Payments include:
• Loss of income due to taking time off work to rest and recover
• Paying for your spouse or family to take time off work to support you
• Paying for alternative treatments or rehabilitation that are not covered by health insurance
• Reducing debt
• Paying for additional personal costs such as child care
The above are examples but the money can be used for whatever you choose.
Contact us for more information on our trauma insurance solutions.
Total and Permanent Disablement
Total and permanent disablement insurance offers a lump sum payment that is made in the event that you are deemed unlikely to ever work again in your own/any occupation (dependent on your choice of cover). As with Trauma Cover, the money can be used for whatever you choose, but in most cases is used to eliminate or reduce debt and provide cash reserves for treatment, rehabilitation or lost income.
Contact us for more information on our total and permanent disablement insurance solutions.
Income Protection Insurance
Aon's Income Protection insurance is designed to pay you a benefit to replace any lost income in the event you cannot work because of illness or an accident. There are multiple options available to you that will provide you cover regardless of whether you are a wage/salary worker, self-employed or run your own business. Some of our income protection solutions include:
• Salary/Wage protection: receive a pre-agreed benefit on the basis that you cannot work in your normal occupation
• Business expenses: receive a pre-arranged amount on a monthly basis to offset on-going monthly expenses
• Labour replacement: pays for alternative labour replacement. Common in the farming and transport sector where work must be done e.g., milking cows, managing livestock, replacement driver
Contact us for more information on our income protection insurance options.